Food & Beer Pairing
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
In the Barrel Room
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Join us for an intimate beer and food pairing featuring Rising Tide tap & table’s Executive Chef, Jeff Kainz along with beer from Bell’s Brewery.
Guests will enjoy five tasting menu dishes prepared by Chef Jeff. Each tasting item will be paired with an exceptional craft beer from Bell’s Brewery.
Tickets are $36 per person and seats are limited. Please call Rising Tide tap & table to purchase tickets for this limited time event.
*tax and gratuity are not included
Bear Hug Imperial Stout (9.5% ABV)
- Hop-forward aroma, bittersweet and chocolate character, warming caramel notes
- Brewed with a careful selection of caramel & roasted malts. Goal is to have malt depth without a burnt, astringent roast character
- A moderate, smooth roasted maltiness is warming and gentle, but still firm
- Bear Hug is also intended to showcase hop aromas in an Imperial Stout without being overly bitter.
- Significant late hop additions of US varietals drive the hoppy aroma
- First brewed in 2013
- The first edition of this beer was not dry-hopped. Subsequent editions are dry-hopped with Crystal & Vanguard
- The Name: Larry instructed Zeke to “Make an all malt imperial stout named Bear Hug.”
- Why Bear Hug? Per Larry: “Imperial Stouts being Russian, well, Russians give each other Bear Hugs.”
- Pairs well with chocolate, pot roast, fennel, Bleu Cheese